Designed by Veethemes.com

Candy Skull Wreath

I know there are still three weeks to go, but now I've got my wreath all ready I can get to work on the costumes!  This is actually a deceptively simple design.  If you can work a basic increase in crochet, then you can make all the elements on here.  Add a few pompoms and a tassle and you're done!



You will need:

20cm wreath base
Small amounts of yarn in any colours you like (I used PaintBox Aran as they have a great range of colours, and Aran weight always works up quickly!)
Suitable Size hook for yarn

Flower Pattern
Ch4, ss ends to make loop
Rnd 1: sc 10 around loop
Rnd 2: *(sc, 2dc, sc), ss* rpt to end

Leaf Pattern
Ch 7, ss in 2nd ch, sc, dc, htr, tr, tr, htr x 5 in end ch, working up the other side of ch tr, tr, htr, dc, sc, ss



Make as many flowers and leaves as you like, I made 8 flowers with 5 leaves each (yep, that is 40 leaves, but you don't have to make as many if you don't want to).  Whip up a few pompoms, on this wreath there are 4 large and three small, and affix them to your base. 

Pop your candy skulls in among them (Skull Pattern on previous post), I made three as I think it's a good number, but you could make as many or as few as you like.  A nice, chunky tassle gives it a bit more glam and ta da!



0 comments:

Post a Comment