Designed by Veethemes.com

Free Folk Cross Stitch Pattern

Upcycling knit can be a bit intimidating, but a simple approach can be to cross stitch into the knit stitches. Chunky knits are literally perfect for crossing stitching in as they open stitches are easy to use as a base, and if you go big (like I do!) then the oversize nature of the designs can give it a contmeporary edge. I rescued this cardigan from a second-hand shop and then spent a very happy (and lost) evening in Pinterest exploring Red Stitch. Red Stitch is an Eastern European folk tradition, and can be seen on beautiful Ukranian blouses. The design I came up with a mix of some of the patterns you can find free, online, with a few extra-Emma-elements.
I usually just get started, and often find that I have to unpick the first couple of attempts until I get everything in the right place. Doing it for the process is as much fun as the outcome for me, so I am really happy to do things that way. It's really easy if you want to try it yourself, and it can become totally addictive when you get going.
Use the knit stitches like a cross stitch base.
And here's the design I came up with is you would like to use it too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. I will come back to your site and keep sharing this information with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I follow you on Instagram too.

    ReplyDelete