Designed by Veethemes.com

Healthy Balance

Well hello there little ladybirds, long time no write!  I've been having a bit of a hiatus from the electronic and social media side of things, and I won't lie, I've loved it.  I thought I'd take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air.  Ahem, sorry, force of habit.  I thought I'd take a minute to write about how caught up we get in the electronic world, especially as independent makers and designers, and how taking a break every now and then is healthy.

During my hiatus I've made a collection for the front cover of Mollie Makes...


I came to social media as someone looking to get in touch with the wider world and find my tribe and my goodness, I found them!  (Hi everyone!)  I love the very genuine relationships I've made through instagram, not to mention the lovely commissions and incredible offers of work and experiences I've had because of it, but, there has been a downside.  In nuturing my online community, I neglected the bit of me that is very much a social creature, that thrives and is utterly present when in the company of those I love.

...a little motivational banner for Mollie Makes too...

Now, like a lot of us yarnaholics, I'm not so good at the social interaction.  As much as I love it, I can come away and dwell on things I've said or done faaaaaar too much, and often find it easier to entertain myself.  With wool. And with social media in my pocket, and my instapals right there at the click of a button,  it's even easier.  But also like a lot of us yarnaholics, I get The Anxiety.  The Anxiety feeds on us when we're alone, even with instapals in our pockets.  The remedy?  Spending time with real people, as difficult as it may be.

...started work on an exclusive design for HobbyCraft (eep! SO exciting)...


But do you know what?  The more I do it, the less difficult it becomes. 

...started building a collection for a new book...

There is a fear that if you're not posting something ever day, or responding to things when they pop up on your device, that you'll lose your online presence.  As someone that relies on it, it's a genuine worry.  But the benefit that spending time with people brings, has to out weigh that fear, DOES outweigh that fear.  So I'm going to try and keep it up, and hope that I can nurture my online and offline relationships, in a balanced and happy way.  So I will see you soon, but I'm going to hang out with my other pals too.
 xxx

...but most importantly, invited all those special people to share a special day with us :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete